[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - JBoss Remoting and JBoss AS 6

Ian Mitchell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 12 12:07:45 EDT 2010

Ian Mitchell [http://community.jboss.org/people/imitchell] created the discussion

"JBoss Remoting and JBoss AS 6"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/566107#566107

Hi folks,
I'd like to investigate the use of Remoting on JBoss for a large project with many different technologies.
We are currently using JBoss AS 6 but it looks like there is no Remoting available for JBoss AS 6.

I have found the following information JBoss Remoting site:

For Remoting 2:
2.5.3.SP1:    Versions 2.5.x are targeted to JBoss Application Server 5.0/5.1 and EAP 5.0/5.1
2.2.3.SP2:   Versions 2.2.x are targeted to JBoss Application Server 4.2 and EAP 4.2/4.3

For Remoting 3:
Remoting 3 is the next generation of Remoting.
It will support a variety of modules in JBoss Application Server 6.
But... I also find this:
3.1.0.Beta2 Beta - NOT for production systems

Does Remoting 2.5.x work with JBoss AS 6?
As anyone tried this before?
Any hints on making it work?

Thanks,
Ian

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]