[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: First jBPM5 snapshots

Kris Verlaenen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 15 16:52:03 EDT 2010

Kris Verlaenen [http://community.jboss.org/people/KrisVerlaenen] created the discussion

"Re: First jBPM5 snapshots"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/566781#566781

@Abdelilah Assiari

We are currently focussing on the functionality as defined in the BPMN 2.0 specification, which probably covers about 95% of the features offered in jPDL before.  Continuations are currently not yet supported in jBPM5, because we believe the need for asynchronous or exclusive continuations can be largely diminished in most cases by making sure that all work that would take too long to execute synchronously is executed asynchronously using a service node (which is probably a good idea anyway, to extract implementation logic from your processes).  It is also possible to asynchronously invoke the process engine (in case you don't want the user transaction to wait for the result of the invocation).

If you are willing to share specific use cases, we can discuss whether these features would be sufficient to solve your requirements.

Kris