[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Cannot catch SOAPFaultException

Philipp Leusmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 18 09:19:25 EDT 2010

Philipp Leusmann [http://community.jboss.org/people/p.leusmann] created the discussion

"Cannot catch SOAPFaultException"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/566948#566948

Hi,

in our client application, I cannot find a way to catch a javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException.

try {
     //Call to remote service
} catch (javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException e){
     //Never usis this branch
} catch (Exception e){
 e.getClass() .getName(); // (equals "javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException")
 e instanceof javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException; // equals false
}

It seems like the VM is comparing the incoming exception to javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException coming with the JDK instead of using the version overridden by JBoss.

Is there any way to make sure, the VM only "knows" the JBoss-Version? Or any other solution to this problem?

Regrads,
 Philipp

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]