[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Performance issue related to logging in JBOSS 5

Sachidananda Dash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 19 11:53:56 EDT 2010

Sachidananda Dash [http://community.jboss.org/people/sachi.dash] created the discussion

"Performance issue related to logging in JBOSS 5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/567220#567220

Hi everybody,

I have deployed my application in jboss5

in my logs max no of log file backup created are 3 each of 10 mb

I noticed that server.1.log
server.2.log
server.3.log are created but, i found that
server.1.log
server.2.log are of 10 mb each when the application is running

but server.3.log size increases rapidly, a background thread keeps on writing to the server.3.log, the memory is actually buffer memory.

when i stop the application or kill the application memory get freed.

can anyone guide me/suggest me on this whether its a log4j issue or JBOSS issue.

How can i avoid this??

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]