[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Removing history information of completed process instances

Michael Holtzman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 27 10:57:44 EDT 2010

Michael Holtzman [http://community.jboss.org/people/michaelholtzman] created the discussion

"Re: Removing history information of completed process instances"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/568658#568658

We have a Purge by Date function, where we query JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE for instances that have ended before a given retention date, and then delete the process instances returned by that query.

We also modified jBPM's logging to restrict the type of log records that get generated (JBPM_LOG is the biggest disk hog of the bunch). For example, turning off variable update logging reduces the log table size and activity by about 50 percent.