[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Re: How to force log4j.xml to be read out of my war?

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 28 08:55:18 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: How to force log4j.xml to be read out of my war?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/568823#568823

> My question now is, should I expect a WAR within an EAR to have a child CL?

Yes.
> I think what I may be seeing is, there is just one CL for an EAR.

You can check the jmx-console for classloaders. Check if there are two or just one for your deployment.
> I'm wondering if my local WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml is not being found because the WAR does not have it's own CL, but shares it with the EAR.

Where are your log4j classes? Does war have it's own copy of log4j?
> Here is my war's jboss-classloading.xml, I am even being explicit about searching the WAR domain first
This config is already done by default for .war deployments.
See WarClassLoaderDeployer class in JBossAS.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]