[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM4.4 application deployment/startup issue in Tomcat

Felix Jose do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 29 15:26:46 EDT 2010

Felix Jose [http://community.jboss.org/people/FelixKJose] created the discussion

"JBPM4.4 application deployment/startup issue in Tomcat"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/569048#569048

Hi All,

I am using JBPM4.4 in my application. We are using tomcat for deployment. I am facing a critical issue with the application startup.

When we deploy and startup the application in  tomcat thousands of JBPM log messages are happening and is all about Hibernate select statements and in my understanding it is doing select against JBPM4_DEPLOMENT table, JBPM4_LOB table  etc. As our application is a huge one, it is having lakhs of records and each record there is a JBPM process associated. So the number of records in the JBPM4_DEPLOMENT table, JBPM4_LOB table etc are very high. Because of these select statements the deployment and appliaction startup is taking half an hour to complete. The application startup time is getting increased as the number of records in the JBPM tables are increasing.

So my doubt is why is these Hibernate select statements are required during the application startup? Can we omit those? If yes how can we achieve that?

Please send me quick answer  for this as my project is supposed to go into production by November 15th. I am waiting for your response.

Thank you for you time and answer in advance.

Thank You and regards,
Felix K Jose.