[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services CXF] - Is there a way to set a JaxWS connection timeout which works for CXF and Native

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 1 07:35:30 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Is there a way to set a JaxWS connection timeout which works for CXF and Native"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/560017#560017

> Is there also a way of configuring the timeout in JBossWS-CXF?

You need to use what CXF provides; you can do this by properly setting the bus in advance (see  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Client+HTTP+Transport+%28including+SSL+support%29 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Client+HTTP+Transport+%28including+SSL+support%29 , basically you need to tune the client http conduit) or directly configuring you client using the cxf api:

Client client = ClientProxy.getClient(proxy);
((ClientImpl)client).setSynchronousTimeout(90 * 1000); //90 secs

Not ATM, I've just created  https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBWS-3114 https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBWS-3114 , scheduled for the 3.4.0 (the first version coming out)

> It would be useful if this configuration option were defined in the JaxWS standard. Is there any chance of this?
We can think about a proposal, just having a standard prop for that would probably be a good start...

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services CXF at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2046]