[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: 'JBoss Server View' from JBoss AS Tools missing in Eclipse Helios

Matthew Browne do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 9 07:13:23 EDT 2010

Matthew Browne [http://community.jboss.org/people/mbrowne] created the discussion

"Re: 'JBoss Server View' from JBoss AS Tools missing in Eclipse Helios"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/560538#560538

Hi,
I have a related question...I was able to get the server to work in the servers window, but in the manual it says "we recommend running JBoss in a JVM with a large perm gen space at development time." Is this now already configured by default?

Apparently, the old way was to go to the JBoss Server view, select "Edit Launch Configuration", and enter the following for VM arguments:
-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512

There's no place to configure VM arguments in the main Eclipse servers window.