[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jms and jbpm

Uwe Rasmus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 9 07:20:56 EDT 2010

Uwe Rasmus [http://community.jboss.org/people/uwerasmus] created the discussion

"Re: jms and jbpm"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/560422#560422

Actually we are using jbpm 3 with seam 2.2.  :(

The application A is bundled with jBPM, but B is without.

Meanwhile I was able to prepare code that maybe could send JMS  message from B to A. If the message itself contains jobId, the JobListenerBean will execute the job. (discovered from source code)
But I have 2 problems.
1. How to get know the jobId itself? (The app B doesn't know that. Maybe it could be somehow handled with app A when creating the job, but that's also something I don't know how..)
2. The A app cannot be deployed, because JmsMessageServiceFactory is not found. I found it's it jbpm-enterprise.jar package and I tried to add it to the .ear as module, that was successfull, but again when deploying, it fails with exception that it cannot find java:/JbpmDS datasource ("type-mapping is not initialized: java:/JbpmDS was not deployed or type-mapping was not configured.") That is correct as I didn't specify any. I would like to specify it, but I don't know, where it should point to. Should it be the same db as used in the app or another?

Thanks for suggestions
Uwe