[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Unable to Add New Queue through Admin Console (AS 5.1)

William Folger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 9 17:56:32 EDT 2010

William Folger [http://community.jboss.org/people/whf3] created the discussion

"Unable to Add New Queue through Admin Console (AS 5.1)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/561212#561212

In the process of evaluating JBoss AS for SOA platform.  Anyway, just installed JBoss AS 5.1 and went to the admin console and tried to add a queue @ JMS Destinations > Queues.

When I try to add one I get the following error:

Failed to add Resource (see app server log  for additional details):  java.lang.RuntimeException:Failed to process  template. ->  java.lang.RuntimeException:java.io.FileNotFoundException:  C:\Software\JBoss\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\queue\Test-service.xml  (The system cannot find the path specified) ->  java.io.FileNotFoundException:C:\Software\JBoss\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\queue\Test-service.xml  (The system cannot find the path specified)

I understand the error and even tried a work around by manually creating that XML but then the queue was not bound when I did the jndi lookup.  In any event, I would assume that adding a queue through the Admin Console would be straight forward and without such errors?  Is there somethign wrong with my install?  Any thoughts?