[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Deployment to JBoss unsuccessful: EJB3 VMID is already registered

Csaba Toth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 10 21:49:06 EDT 2010

Csaba Toth [http://community.jboss.org/people/tothc] created the discussion

"Re: Deployment to JBoss unsuccessful: EJB3 VMID is already registered"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/561392#561392

I got it, it was a typo! Copy-paste error.
I made two new interfaces, and after the copy-paste, I haven't changed the names in the annotations of the *Bean.java files:

@Stateless(name="PersonManagerService")

I don't know why I looked over these, but unfortunately these are strings, so the type system couldn't detect this error.
Another conclusion: the consol output provided less verbose output than the server.log, so I should look at that thoroughly next time. I spotted that a class name mentioned two times in the server.log during the EJB deployment, shortly after my quoted log section. That's how I found the error. I was looking at server.log before, but not thoroughly enough.

Thank you for your help!

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]