[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: heap size settings in jboss

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 15 06:04:11 EDT 2010

Peter Johnson [http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: heap size settings in jboss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/561466#561466

Minumum? I tried 32M once and that worked. The only app I had installed was a simple web service.

Maximum? That depends on the OS and whether you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit JVM. A Windows 32-bit JVM is usually limited to 1.5-1.7G, while on Linux it is around 2G. For a 64-bit JVM the virtual limit is very high (around 2^64 bytes) but the practical limit is based on the amount of available memory (RAM + pagefile) with the recommended limit being the amount of free RAM.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]