[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: What do you use for JMS security in JBoss?

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 15 06:10:28 EDT 2010

Peter Johnson [http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: What do you use for JMS security in JBoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/561467#561467

One way is to define a login module in server/xxx/conf/login-config.xml, and then reference that login module in server/xxx/deploy/messaging-jboss-beans.xml using the SecurityDomain property of the SecurityStore bean. Then for each of you destinations include as SecurityConfig attribute that identifies the roles that have read, write and create roles. The docs/examples/jms/example-destinations.xml file shows examples of setting the SecurityConfig roles.

Surprisingly, the docs are silent on this; at least, I could not find a specific section on securing destinations. Of course, if you are familiar with general access control on JBoss AS, then the access control for emssaging is very simple since it follows the same patterns.

I do have another resource that describes securing destinations in detail, but it is not free. I would be happy to provide the URL if you like.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]