[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - Valid jbosscache (cascabel) configuration with hibernate

Marilen Corciovei do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 16 11:32:19 EDT 2010

Marilen Corciovei [http://community.jboss.org/people/marilenc] created the discussion

"Valid jbosscache (cascabel) configuration with hibernate"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/562216#562216

Hello everybody. I am trying to configure a JbossCache for use with hibernate: SharedJBossCacheRegionFactory. I have created a cache configuration file which looks very similar to the ones described in documentation. I only disabled the Loaders directive. When something is put in the cache I am getting the following error:

 org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failure to marshal argument(s)
        at org.hibernate.cache.jbc2.timestamp.TimestampsRegionImpl.put(TimestampsRegionImpl.java:130)
        at org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache.preinvalidate(UpdateTimestampsCache.java:70)
        at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:275)
        at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:263)

I have tried to add a /TS region but this does not seems to be the problem. I am running everything in JBoss 5.1.0GA. I mention there is no wrong (not-serializable) object put in the cache since everything works with previous versions of cache as shipped in JBoss 4.2.2GA.

Is there any example of a working config with hibernate?

Best regards,

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]