[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - How to enable auto-generated ClientID when creating durable subscription for a JMS Topic?

xufang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 22 04:31:40 EDT 2010

xufang [http://community.jboss.org/people/xufang] created the discussion

"How to enable auto-generated ClientID when creating durable subscription for a JMS Topic?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563015#563015

   Context jndiContext=this.createInitContext(this.initFile);
   TopicConnectionFactory topicConnectionFactory = (TopicConnectionFactory)jndiContext.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
   Topic topic = (Topic) jndiContext.lookup("topic/"+this.initFile.getTopicName());
   topicConnection=topicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection();
   topicSession = null;
   if (this.initFile.getClientID()==null || "".equals(this.initFile.getClientID()))
   {
    topicSession=topicConnection.createTopicSession(false,Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
    this.initFile.setClientID(topicConnection.getClientID());
   }

After topicConnection.createTopicSession, a ClientID will be created by JBossMQ and by calling topicConnection.getClientID(), the clientID can be got and stored locally.

But after upgraded to JBoss 5.1.0GA which is using JBossMessaging, the above code is not working any more. TopicConnection.getClientID() always return null. I must specify the ClientID explicitly otherwise the subscription cannot be successful.

I am wondering how can I enable the ClientID auto-generated function in JBoss 5.1.0GA. Please enlighten me.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Xu Fang

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]