[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM 3.2.5, MSSQL 2005 - blocking in JBPM_JOB table

Alejandro Guizar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 22 04:38:24 EDT 2010

Alejandro Guizar [http://community.jboss.org/people/alex.guizar%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM 3.2.5,MSSQL 2005 - blocking in JBPM_JOB table"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563018#563018

> Upgraded to jbpm 3.2.9.  The situation improved somewhat, but still having serious blocking issues.   Before the upgrade over 200 jobs would create blocking issues in mssql server, after upgrade can safely do 500 jobs.  Going to 1000 jobs creates blocking issues, freezing processing for many hours.   On oracle there are no blocking issues, but that was to be expected since oracle does not block.   Upgraded to mssql 2008 as well, but also as expected, did not solve the issue.   Is there some specific information I can provide that would help in troubleshooting ?

You mentioned earlier that removing all the indexes in the jbpm_job table  greatly reduces blocking issues. Are these numbers produced without indexes? Do you believe the engine would be better off without them? What about Oracle, does it perform better or worse without indexes in the job table? At some point we  https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-2094 added indexes to other tables because Oracle deadlocked without them.