[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - How to use external jars not contained in JBoss

Hubert Felber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 27 05:21:40 EDT 2010

Hubert Felber [http://community.jboss.org/people/hugbert] created the discussion

"How to use external jars not contained in JBoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563721#563721

Hi

this is a duplicate from section "Installation, Configuration & Deployment (http://community.jboss.org/community/jbossas/config)"

Question:

How can I extend JBoss classloading to also look for jars located in an external directory, say c:\ForeignApp\java.
Please tell me, that there IS a solution.

Background:

We use JBoss 5.1

We  have to use jar files of an external application that we cannot include  in the JBoss installation. There is no other choice. We cannot bind  these to ear or war, or make them available in one of JBoss lib  directories.
To be able to use them, we now have to include their  paths in the bootstrap (is this the correct term?) classpath. The  problem is, that all jars loaded from the external jar also must be  external because JBoss does not look backward for classloading.

Thanks for helping
Hubert

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]