[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - log4j.xml and logfile name pattern

luk luk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 27 06:51:45 EDT 2010

luk luk [http://community.jboss.org/people/lukaswu] created the discussion

"log4j.xml and logfile name pattern"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563735#563735

Hi all,

I tweaked a bit log4j.xml in JBoss 4.0.5 to rotate log on date base not size and so far reconfiguration went fine.

The only thing that bothers me is logfile name pattern after log rotation: now is servicename.log.DATE which is ok though I would prefer to have it DATE.servicename.log.

So far I was not able to reconfigure it- the service name goes always first. Is there any way to append it to the end of rotated file name?

Thank you for any hints.

--
luk