[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: How do I deploy the JBoss Remoting examples in JBoss AS 5.1?

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 29 07:24:59 EDT 2010

Ron Sigal [http://community.jboss.org/people/ron.sigal%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: How do I deploy the JBoss Remoting examples in JBoss AS 5.1?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563797#563797

Hi Ken,

What you're asking, I think, is how to get the AS to start up the Remoting server started by SimpleServer.  I.e., you want to replace the code in SimpleServer.setupServer() with a file that causes the AS to start the same server.  You want a file like $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/remoting-jboss-beans.xml, where the "UnifiedInvokerConnector" describes the Remoting server and "UnifiedInvokerConfiguration" configures it.  You could call your file example-remoting-jboss-beans.xml, for example, put it in the same directory, and replace the connector and configuration beans with your own versions.  For more about Remoting configuration, see Chapter 5 of the Remoting Guide ( http://docs.jboss.org/jbossremoting/2.5.3.SP1/html/ http://docs.jboss.org/jbossremoting/2.5.3.SP1/html/) for a description of the various configuration parameters, and, in particular, see Section  5.1.1.3. "Declarative configuration: POJOs" for a discussion of the xml configuration file.

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]