[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: PingTimerTask in JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA EAP

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 29 07:29:49 EDT 2010

Ron Sigal [http://community.jboss.org/people/ron.sigal%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: PingTimerTask in JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA EAP"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/564016#564016

Hi Kevin,

You have uncovered a bug in BisocketClientInvoker$PingTimerTask  which allows a write after the task should have shut down, and I've  created JIRA issue JBREM-1247 " https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBREM-1247 BisocketClientInvoker$PingTimerTask   NPE"  to resolve it.  However, I consider it a minor problem, since  it occurs when a connection is shutting down anyway.

JBossMessaging  has, throughout most of its history, turned off the bisocket transport  ping facility by setting

 <attribute name="pingFrequency" isParam="true">214748364</attribute>

in  their remoting-bisocket-service.xml file.  In fact, that's the value I  see in JBossMessaging version 1.4.1.GA, which ships with EAP 5.0.1, so I  don't understand why there would be any pinging going on.  Did you  change that parameter?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about  it.

As for the ConcurrentModificationException, you  should post the issue on the JBossMessaging users forum.

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]