[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Classloading for a Tomcat war under Jboss 5.1

spulci do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 5 05:10:41 EDT 2011

spulci [http://community.jboss.org/people/spulci] created the discussion

"Classloading for a Tomcat war under Jboss 5.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/597780#597780

Hallo,

i've got my web application war originally developed under Tomcat and I'm experiencing issues with JBoss deploying. My scenario gives me no access to modify JBoss common/lib presence so the only chance I've got is to add the right descriptor jboss-classloading.xml to my WEB-INF to instruct the classloader to give precedence to my web-inf/lib.

My web app uses Hibernate 3.5 jars as well as Struts 1.3.10 and other framework. I defined this classloader tag:

[code]
<classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0"
              domain="WebReportFFDeploy.war"
              export-all="NON_EMPTY"
              import-all="true"
              parent-first="false" >
</classloading>
[/code]

where domain is my war name but this not fix my issue. Jboss still uses the hibernate jar in common lib to solve classes ignoring my hibernate jars in my web-inf/lib (I used a new method present only in the last version of Hibernate. Hibernate version present in JBoss can do the same using a deprecated method and I really don't want to touch the code). My goal is to give higher precedence to my web-inf/lib to avoid conflicts in version and dependencies. I'm newbie at JBoss but this issue is becoming too time consuming for me. I hope that JBoss community documentation will add soon tutorial and examples to explain this descriptors in a clear way.

Thanks a lot

Simon

P.S. Please note that at the moment I get a sessionfactory binding an Hibernate Util class to my web application listener. I hope this doesn't cause other issues thought I will soon bind to a JNDI resource.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]