[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: EJB3 and Struts2 with CDI (question)

rop do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 8 05:22:40 EDT 2011

rop [http://community.jboss.org/people/rop] created the discussion

"Re: EJB3 and Struts2 with CDI (question)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/598755#598755

...or just read this:  :)

Didnt get EJB3 dependency-injection to work with Struts2 action-classes.

The main difference to a plain servlet, is that the action-classes in Struts2
are created on-the-fly (new myActionclass()) everytime a request comes in,
and @EJB doesnt work for such classes.

Currently, as a work-around, I just do jndi context-lookup to get the EJB3 instead.

But I read somewhere that CDI should be able to handle this.
Is that correct?

Any input still appreciated!

Thanx,

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]