[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: maven and jboss hot deployment does not work correctly

Snjezana Peco do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 9 18:45:27 EDT 2011

Snjezana Peco [http://community.jboss.org/people/snjeza] created the discussion

"Re: maven and jboss hot deployment does not work correctly"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/599013#599013

> "- right-clicked the project, selected Properties>Maven and entered 'release' to the Active Maven Profiles text field"
> did the trick. I didn't know that this is necessary.

You have to use the release profile if you deploy the application to JBoss AS. If you exclusively use JBoss AS, you can setup the provided scope for the jsf-api and jsf-impl artifacts.

> Still, the ...snapshot line is always recreated if I choose Maven>Update Project Configuration. No idea why. But not so important.

The only way I can reproduce the issue is by setting the warSourceDirectory element to the configuration section of the maven-war-plugin as follows:
<plugin>
     <configuration>
        <warSourceDirectory>smsurbano-${project.version}</warSourceDirectory>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

The WTP configurator  will recreate the directory in this case.

I have used the same Eclipse configuration as you.