[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Executing business logic as part of the user task

Sujeevan Nagarajah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 11 12:51:48 EDT 2011

Sujeevan Nagarajah [http://community.jboss.org/people/sujee] created the discussion

"Executing business logic as part of the user task"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/599305#599305

Hi All,
I'm doing a POC workflow engine using jBPM5. Nodes in the workflow represent the actions which will cause a change in the workflow status. for e.g. I have 2 nodes - create (status after execution = "Draft") and approve (status after execution = "Approved"). All workflow changes will be triggered by human actors and once triggered it will execute some business logic. In BPMN 2.0 and jBPM5, these are two different tasks. Human actor triggering the workflow is represented by user task type. Executing business logic is represented by service task type. Is it possible to run them together in the same transaction? what is the best way to design this in BPMN 2.0 and jBPM5? If I model a user task followed by a service task, how to rollback user task when service task is failed?

Thank you.