[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss Tools deployment scanner error when building

Benjamin Maisano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 14 13:01:35 EDT 2011

Benjamin Maisano [http://community.jboss.org/people/ben.maisano] created the discussion

"JBoss Tools deployment scanner error when building"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/600107#600107

Hi,
     I have an error building and deploying my projects.  I'm using the following:

Eclipse Helios - 3.6
JDK 6 update 24
Windows 7 64 bit
JBoss 5.0.1 latest stable (company requires this version)
Seam 2.1.2
JBoss Tools 3.2 - downloaded latest from within Eclipse

Often when I clean/build I get the following error showing up in my IDE:

+JBossTools was unable to resume the JBoss deployment scanner. Your deployment may not be recognized by the server. Please ensure your version of JBoss includes an unsecured JMX adapter+

Along with exception at bottom of this post.  It seems semi-random, though happens very often.  If I look into the build dir (ie bin) of my projects after I see this usually the .class files are not generated.  This then causes issues deploying to JBoss AS.  Also sometimes I have a working EAR deployed but on making a change and trying to publish I get errors about the WAR and/or EJB modules of the EAR not being present.  I have a basic setup:
1 WAR with mostly web resources and some java files
1 EJB module with the majority of the seam entity beans and such
1 EAR referencing WAR and EJB modules

Any help with this would be grealy appreciated, thank you.

Exception that gets logged along with message above:
javax.management.MBeanException
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.handleInvocationExceptions(ReflectedDispatcher.java:184)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:165)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:138)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:90)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:140)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:90)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)
at org.jboss.jmx.connector.invoker.InvokerAdaptorService.invoke(InvokerAdaptorService.java:216)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:138)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:90)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:140)
at org.jboss.jmx.connector.invoker.SerializableInterceptor.invoke(SerializableInterceptor.java:74)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:90)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)
at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPProxyFactory.invoke(JRMPProxyFactory.java:180)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)
at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker$MBeanServerAction.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:855)
at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:422)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.deployment:flavor=URL,type=DeploymentScanner is not registered.
at org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.get(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:529)
at org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.getValue(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:567)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)
... 47 more