[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Using JSP front end with JBPM, Tomcat

SaeedAhmed Subedar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 25 10:53:29 EDT 2011

SaeedAhmed Subedar [http://community.jboss.org/people/saeeds] created the discussion

"Re: Using JSP front end with JBPM, Tomcat"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/601834#601834

Thanks for the app. My problem is that when I try to add some jbpm library jars to my web app on tomcat through eclipse, I am unable to run the app. I  get the foll. error..

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.drools.event.KnowledgeRuntimeEventManager

I want to know which are the exact Jbpm 5 libraries I need to add to the build path. As of now I have added jbpm-5.0.0-bin.zip. It seems that the zip file is not being read by tomcat, as a result of which I have added specific jars, drools-api-5.2.0.M1.jar and drools-compiler-5.2.0.M1.jar into the path.

I think "-Djbpm.console.directory=${install.home}/sample/evaluation/src/main/resources" property also needs to be set somewhere on tomcat. And the bpmn file needs to be places in the jbpm console directory.

To add to this, in the jbpm 5 installer eclipse, I am unable to create a web project. So bmpn file would have to be created here and integrated into an external eclipse web application.

Thus, I would find a web custom UI jbpm 5 example very helpful, especially from configuration and deployment perspective.