[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: Remote Client.addCallbackListener hang

david malechek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 25 14:58:36 EDT 2011

david malechek [http://community.jboss.org/people/dmalechek] created the discussion

"Re: Remote Client.addCallbackListener hang"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/601861#601861

Ron,

JBREM-1261 looks like a pretty good fit for what we have been seeing.  The part "Also, the timeout value of each socket is set to 30 seconds so that an attempt to hang up socket processing threads by withholding expected bytes will fail in a timely manner." is is the fix we need to get past whatever is the root cause.  I believe I'm seeing proof that we are timing out and reconvering where we weren't before after I added a timeout like you have in 2.2.4.
I'll build your 2.2.4 and we get started testing it.

Thanks for you time, I'm crossing my fingers that this discussion may be done.  Now to get our customers to upgrade to 5.0!  :-)
-David

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]