[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Explenation on mapping variables, input, output to Tasks

Adam Bach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 26 09:08:34 EDT 2011

Adam Bach [http://community.jboss.org/people/heathcliff] created the discussion

"Explenation on mapping variables, input, output to Tasks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/601998#601998

I'm trying to create a general implementation of WorkItemHandler for WebService representation.

The idea is to allow specifying webservice call from BPMN2.0 diagram. I think Eclipse Editor has fewer options for setting ettributes etc than Guvnor one should use it only there at this moment. Guvnor Oryx editor allows to set wsdlLocation etc.

I use javax.xml.soap package classes to call webservices. I use WSDL4J for wsdl interpretation.

At this moment the last missing thing is mapping process variables to web service taks input and than to map them to web service call params.

Problem is I'm not an BPMN2.0, BPEL, JPDL, WebServices expert. And neither eclipse not Oryx support any api for associating process variables to task.

I couldnt find any explenation on how to assign/map process variables to inputs of serviceTask. I've seen that ioSpecification element is stored as one of the parameters passes to WorkItem and than to WorkItemHandler. So I think may be used for this functionality but can't find what format should this ioSpecification have. Should it use some extension elements?

If u know any good articles/materials/tootorials please give me tell me. Or mabe You can explain it yourself. even in short.

PS: The first idea I had was to mimic BPEL assign functionality that uses XPath with combination of some MVEL expressions to extract data from process variables. But I don't this this is a standarized way.

THX