[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Problem with Domain Specific Tasks

doctorwho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 1 18:21:45 EDT 2011

doctorwho [http://community.jboss.org/people/doctorwho] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with Domain Specific Tasks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/618695#618695

Alright, found a solution for my problem. When using Guvnor to deploy processes (as I have been doing) it does not deploy your custom work handlers, to do so, I followed this:
*Deployment to an appsersever (e.g., JBoss or Tomcat)*

1.) Copy the configuration file (CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf) to gwt-console-server's META-INF directory

e.g. jbpm-installer/boss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/jbpm-gwt-console-server.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf

2.) Copy the Notification class to the gwt-console-server's CLASSPATH.

e.g., Copy the Notification jar file into gwt-console-server war file  ( ..gwt-console-server\WEB-INF\lib)
or Copy the Notification jar and the dependant jar files into appserver's lib direcory (JBOSS_HOME\server\default\lib for JBOSS or TOMCAT_HOME\lib for TOMCAT)

 http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/03/30/jbpm5-example--human-task-forms-with-variables--workitems http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/03/30/jbpm5-example--human-task-forms-with-variables--workitems