[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: Using JNDI to connect to Websphere MQ, without hardcoded info

Stuart Clayton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 12 10:03:41 EDT 2011

Stuart Clayton [http://community.jboss.org/people/stuartclayton22] created the discussion

"Re: Using JNDI to connect to Websphere MQ, without hardcoded info"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/620825#620825

By the way, according to the MQ documentation ("MQ Using Java", Appendix F), the AdminObject that you have defined in wmq.jmsra-ds.xml is needed only for *outgoing* messages, i.e. those originating in an MDB and going through the resource adapter outwards in the direction of MQ. You write that your goal is "to feed an MDB", which I assume means that you want *incoming* messages from MQ to arrive there: your MDB is consuming messages, not producing them.

The JCA specification constructs are different for incoming and outgoing communications. The reasons for this asymmetry are a mystery to me.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]