[jboss-user] [jBPM] - ProcessMgmtFacade.java - Custom REST Call

Tobias Wittur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 15 09:07:11 EDT 2011

Tobias Wittur [http://community.jboss.org/people/tob1as] created the discussion

"ProcessMgmtFacade.java - Custom REST Call"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/621001#621001

Hi,

I am trying to do a REST call that basically triggers a message based process start. Therefore, I want to implement my own REST API.

I came across this post:

 http://community.jboss.org/message/612597#612597#612597 http://community.jboss.org/message/612597#612597

Here, the recommendation is to go to

*jbpm\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\jbpm-gwt-console-server\WEB-INF\classes\org\jboss\bpm\console\server*

and edit the *ProcessMgmtFacade.java* file.

First, is this not bad practice, since any update would overwrite my changes? I thought I would rather write my own file and leave the old file untouched?! How would you solve this issue?

Therefore I would like to know:

Hhow can I for example route  http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definitions http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definitions to my own java file?

Where is it defined, that  http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definitions http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definitions points to ProcessMgmtFacade.java ?

Just for trial, I tried to import it as a project into eclipse. However, I noticed it is not a java project. Is there a versoin with .project availalbe?

I would be grateful for hints.

Best regards and thank you for help in advance,

Tobias