[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: What does "Build package" do? How to deploy in running engine

Tobias Wittur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 16 00:52:53 EDT 2011

Tobias Wittur [http://community.jboss.org/people/tob1as] created the discussion

"Re: What does "Build package" do? How to deploy in running engine"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/621168#621168

Thanks Esteban,

I uploaded bpmn files with eclipse via the guvnor repository view.
I connected via web dav.
 I clicked through to the defaultPackage.
The process files are visible here and in the guvnor console.

1) When I click build package, it creates a binary file and puts it into an internal database ? Where exactly is this binary file located? (Lets say I want to write my own console and retrieve the package)

2) How I usually consume a process definition file for testing is as follows. That basically creates a binary file as well, right?!

|  |  | KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder(); |
|  |  | kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("Evaluation.bpmn"), ResourceType.BPMN2); |
|  |  | return kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase(); |

The Knowledgebuilder API says you can consume:
* XLS decision table resource
* DRL
* BPMN

How would the package be consumed by the console?

 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/javadocs/org/drools/builder/KnowledgeBuilder.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/javadocs/org/drools/builder/KnowledgeBuilder.html