[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Archiving Data in JBPM tables

Eric D. Schabell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 25 10:24:26 EDT 2011

Eric D. Schabell [http://community.jboss.org/people/eschabell] created the discussion

"Re: Archiving Data in JBPM tables"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/622966#622966

Hi Art,

It is standard functionality in jBPM3 that all completed processes (history information) remains in the database. It is stated in the docs (enterprise docs) that you need to decide within your organization what you want to do with this, something like this:

- don't care about old history, just remove/delete.
- have BAM reporting in place so have to keep, then migrate out to a different format/location/db to allow for continued reporting.
- apply enterprise process (for example, I worked in an enterprise that applied data warehousing techniques) to collect and store for reporting all history data
- leave it in place, but be prepared to eventually have to enlarge your DB machine! ;-)

That about covers it. I looked at your doc, but I am not sure anymore exactly what you all can clean out of your tables.

Regards, erics