[jboss-user] [jBPM] - [SingleSessionCommandService] Could not commit session

Diogo Saad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 26 09:47:53 EDT 2011

Diogo Saad [http://community.jboss.org/people/diogosaad] created the discussion

"[SingleSessionCommandService] Could not commit session"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/623200#623200

Hi All,

I'm new to jBPM and I've designed a process definition to be executed thru jBPM console but I'm getting the following excepion:

(NioProcessor-4) 15:12:35,737 ERROR [SingleSessionCommandService] Could not commit session
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: IOException while storing workItem 5: sae.Assinante
          at org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo.update(WorkItemInfo.java:123)
          at org.drools.persistence.jpa.processinstance.JPAWorkItemManager.internalExecuteWorkItem(JPAWorkItemManager.java:44)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.WorkItemNodeInstance.internalTrigger(WorkItemNodeInstance.java:105)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:122)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerConnection(NodeInstanceImpl.java:185)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.SplitInstance.internalTrigger(SplitInstance.java:100)...

sae.Assinante is a POJO which is part of my domain model which is populated according to User Form variables.

I seems to me that's an exception related for persistence matters.
I did NOT configure any persistence at all and was wondering if it's necessary to run it thru jbpm console.

What am I missing?

PS: Please find attached my process definition and the pojo.

Thanks,
Diogo