[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: "no server jvm" when trying to start AS 7 server

Wolfgang Knauf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 31 03:54:22 EDT 2011

Wolfgang Knauf [http://community.jboss.org/people/WolfgangKnauf] created the discussion

"Re: "no server jvm" when trying to start AS 7 server"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/623928#623928

Hi Rob,

I used 3.3.0 M2.

{quote}This is a problem, because if 4 servers target the same "runtime" and you go to edit server3, to change the VM or the server home, you're actually changing all of them{quote}

To my understanding, this is the same problem for the WTP server runtime environments, and I am used to this behaviour ;-). I know that I have to create different server runtime environments when using different JBoss "installations" or different java versions. So you want to improve this behaviour?

Changing the java version might make sense, because every JDK patch requires a change to the java version (if you don't reference e.g. a general "JSE6 execution evironment"). So, if I understand your planned change correct, a user would have to delete and re-create the server definition each time?

But to my opinion, a great feature would be to specifiy the name of a server runtime environment - then I could call them "JBoss 7 @ somedir" or "JBoss 7 using JDK 1.6.0.26". This feature is missing in WTP, too :-(

Best regards

Wolfgang