[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Standalone JMS - connection dropped

Denis Demichev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 31 12:58:22 EDT 2011

Denis Demichev [http://community.jboss.org/people/demichev] created the discussion

"Standalone JMS - connection dropped"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/624096#624096

Hello All,

Trying to utilize JBoss 5.1.0 JMS server in our project. This is a standalone server without any clustering capabilities.
Running it as: run.bat -c default -b DTCJDBWFXJM1
The application with JBoss client tries to connect to the server and works pretty fine for 40-45 minutes.

After that I see an error message (see below) and the application is using fail-over functionality to reconnect to server again and it does.
I.e. the problem is resolved just by re-connecting again. I cannot say that this could be reproduced with some specific steps, but
rather I see it sporadically happens under stress.
Unfortunately I cannot add any additional information from the server logs as soon as there's nothing unusual there - just a standard boot process.

One more note that potentially can give someone a clue. From time to time under stress again I see that JBoss just stops responding and delivering JMS messages to JMS clients, I'm not sure if that is cause by GC (stop the world?) - I'm using just a set of standard out-of-the-box configuration files with 5-7 JMS queues (all durable).

Would appreciate ideas on why this happens and how to workaround. Although this is not a big issue in DEV environment, potentialy It could be quite annoying to support people who receive e-mails every time some exception occurrs.

Here's Exception stacktrace:
org.jboss.jms.exception.MessagingNetworkFailureException
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport.handleThrowable(DelegateSupport.java:240)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport.doInvoke(DelegateSupport.java:205)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport.doInvoke(DelegateSupport.java:160)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionDelegate.org$jboss$jms$client$delegate$ClientConnectionDelegate$createSessionDelegate$aop(ClientConnectionDelegate.java:186)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionDelegate$createSessionDelegate_6052335267724906805.invokeTarget(ClientConnectionDelegate$createSessionDelegate_6052335267724906805.java)
Caused by: org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing socket connection for InvokerLocator [bisocket://DTCJDBWFXJM1:4457/?JBM_clientMaxPoolSize=200&clientLeasePeriod=10000&clientSocketClass=org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper&connectionWait=10&dataType=jms&marshaller=org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat&numberOfCallRetries=1&pingFrequency=214748364&pingWindowFactor=10&socket.check_connection=false&stopLeaseOnFailure=true&timeout=0&unmarshaller=org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat&validatorPingPeriod=10000&validatorPingTimeout=5000]
    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:776)
    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketClientInvoker.transport(BisocketClientInvoker.java:426)
    at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:165)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker$1.run(SocketClientInvoker.java:299)

Thanks!

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]