[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Enable logging on Jboss 6.0

rosanero4ever do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 14 03:58:36 EST 2011

rosanero4ever [http://community.jboss.org/people/rosanero4ever] created the discussion

"Enable logging on Jboss 6.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/641471#641471

Hi all,
I use Jboss AS 6.0 and i would like enable logging for my little web application that uses ejb3 and hibernate 2.0 as persistence provider. I read many posts about enabling hibernate logging but actually i can't see any log :-( I create a log4j.properties file and I put it in the root folder of my Netbeans project. I put also log4j library in the classpath of the project. My log4j.properties s the following:
### direct log messages to stdout ###
log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L – %m%n

log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout

log4j.logger.org.hibernate=info

 ### log just the SQL
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.SQL=debug

### log JDBC bind parameters ###
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.type=info

### log schema export/update ###
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl=info

### log HQL parse trees
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.hql=debug

### log cache activity ###
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.cache=info

### log transaction activity
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.transaction=debug

### log JDBC resource acquisition
#log4j.logger.org.hibernate.jdbc=debug

Why can't I see the log informations? I would like see values in sql WHERE clauses or in INSERT statements (actually I see only some '?') I read some articles about jboss-logging.xml but I don't know I should set it.
I hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance