[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - HAJNDI problem

Krzysztof Pankowski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 15 14:26:44 EST 2011

Krzysztof Pankowski [http://community.jboss.org/people/apph_] created the discussion

"HAJNDI problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/641846#641846

Hello,

First of all I will try to describe goal we would like to achieve plus the configuration we are using.

Application server version is JBoss 5.
There are 4 nodes which form a cluster. All nodes are on the same machine, having the same IP address. Only ports configuration is different.

We have enterprise application which uses JCA adapter to connect to some EIS. ConnectionFactory in JCA adapter is defined under some name in JNDI. This is working perfectly fine. Now, what we would like to do, is to have this JNDI name for ConnectionFactory to be seen on every node (not to have different pools on each node).
The first very basic idea, since it is a JCA adapter, is to deply the RAR file on the other nodes also so that classes used from the adapter are seen, but without the adapterName-ds.xml file, so that JBoss does not create JNDI entry on every node for ConnectionFactory.
Instead we would like to use HAJNDI, so basicaly have the connection pool shared on all nodes.

But there is a problem, because in such configuration the JNDI entry is only found on the Node1 which has both: RAR adapter plus the adapterName-ds.xml configuration for JNDI entry. On all other nodes the JNDI lookup does not return anything.

We have tried  http://docs.jboss.org/jbossclustering/cluster_guide/5.1/html/clustering-jndi.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbossclustering/cluster_guide/5.1/html/clustering-jndi.html and to be more specific configuration described for running clients inside application server using jnp.partitionName.

There are no errors, but JNDI lookup fails.
We have also the hajndi-jboss-beans.xml file on all nodes in the 'cluster' directory as shown in  http://docs.jboss.org/jbossclustering/cluster_guide/5.1/html/clustering-jndi.html#clustering-jndi-jboss http://docs.jboss.org/jbossclustering/cluster_guide/5.1/html/clustering-jndi.html#clustering-jndi-jboss

What is wrong, or what is missing? Maybe it is not the best configuration for our problem?
Of course I can provide any additional informations...

Thanks and regards

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]