[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 5.2: How to restart timer?

Stefan Krause do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 20 15:52:33 EST 2011

Stefan Krause [http://community.jboss.org/people/krausest] created the discussion

"jBPM 5.2: How to restart timer?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/642548#642548

My Process looks like that: Script Task -> Intermediate Timer Event -> Script Task
To simulate an appserver restart while waiting for the timer I want to terminate the JVM process before the timer expires. In a new JVM process I want to restart the process and see the timer expire. How to do that?

My current attempt is the following:
I keep the session id from the session I created via JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(knowledgeBase, null, env) and restore the session with that id by calling JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(sessionId, knowledgeBase, null, env). Nevertheless the timer is not fired. If I perform the test in one VM (starting the process, disposing the the KnowledgeSession and reloading with loadStatefulKnowledgeSession) the timer fires.

Who can help?