[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - endorsed libs not recognized

nimo stephan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 4 03:26:52 EST 2011

nimo stephan [http://community.jboss.org/people/nimo22] created the discussion

"endorsed libs not recognized"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/585395#585395

Didnt jboss tools set up the appropriate classpath for the endorsed libs of jboss 6, when using Jboss 6.1 Snapshot?

I clicked the "Open Launch Configuration" of jboss tools server gui, which shows that the right path is set in vm-args:

 -Djava.endorsed.dirs="D:/jboss-6.1.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/endorsed"

I also included the lib/endorsed to my classpath as it seems that jboss tools have not done it after creating a new server-config:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/jboss-6.1.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/endorsed"/>

But after all, eclipse gui does not recognize it:

For example, when having this in my source code:

@Resource(lookup=",,")
private DataSource ds;

eclipse complains that it cannot find the "lookup"-property of @Resource (because it looks in the false lib..j6se instead of jee).
Normally, it should look within the endorsed libs of the jboss-path to find the appropriate activation.jar.

So my question, does jboss tools treats such things automatically or do I have to install the plugin, described here:

 http://community.jboss.org/message/577979#577979 http://community.jboss.org/message/577979