[jboss-user] [Javassist] - ClassFile write(java.io.DataOutputStream out) generates empty file!!

Carlos Bruguera do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 6 16:13:08 EST 2011

Carlos Bruguera [http://community.jboss.org/people/cbruguera] created the discussion

"ClassFile write(java.io.DataOutputStream out)  generates empty file!!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/585764#585764

Hello all, I'm working in a compiler that is generating bytecode, and I wish to only use those javassist classes that work with low-level bytecode (Bytecode, ClassFile, MethodInfo, FieldInfo, etc.). I'm not interested in high level runtime translation of any java code (so I barely need to use CtClass and similar).

The thing is I'm creating a ClassFile object, adding a MethodInfo structure, based on an existent bytecode object (mainCode) which I know is well built. But at the end I'm trying to write the file, and it creates it, but as a 0 byte .class file.

Is there anything that I might be missing?.. Here's my piece of code:

ClassFile initClass = getOrCreateClass("InitClass");
declaring = initClass;

MethodInfo mainMethod = new MethodInfo(initClass.getConstPool(), "main", Descriptor.ofMethod(CtClass.voidType, new CtClass[0]));
mainMethod.setCodeAttribute(mainCode.toCodeAttribute());
mainMethod.setAccessFlags(AccessFlag.PUBLIC);

try{
    initClass.addMethod(mainMethod);
}catch(DuplicateMemberException e){
    Errors.add("Definicion duplicada para \"Accion Principal\"");
}

writeFile(initClass);

The method getOrCreateClass is successfully instantiating a new ClassFile object and returning it.

...Any ideas?

Start a new discussion in Javassist at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2062]