[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Advice on using the jBPM console as an end user application

cs1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 10 14:40:16 EST 2011

cs1 [http://community.jboss.org/people/cs1] created the discussion

"Advice on using the jBPM console as an end user application"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586787#586787

Hi,

I'm in the process of orienting myself in the BPM world for the fist time, and have a limited understanding of the implementation details.

I'm looking for an application to present task forms to end users, give them a place to manage their task queues, as well as start new tasks; it looks like the jBPM console can do this, but I'm not entirely sure if it's more for developer testing or if it's something intended for an end user (in a medium sized company). Looking at the jBPM5 manual, the discussion on form generation is fairly light and the input validation seems to be minimal. So is the idea here that you would write a more full featured task form using the included form framework? Or is the console more intended as a back end interface that provides some basic task managment and servers as a sample application, and you would normally just write your own application front end?

Any information appreciated, sorry if my question is a bit vague...

Thanks.