[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Iterate over all existing sessions at startup

Brian Wallis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 11 00:27:08 EST 2011

Brian Wallis [http://community.jboss.org/people/bwallis42] created the discussion

"Re: Iterate over all existing sessions at startup"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586824#586824

> Mauricio Salatino wrote:
>
> Hi Brian, you will have a row for each processinstance that you have running inside the ProcessInstanceInfo table. Did you check that?
> Notice that there is a Status, or Completed field that indicates if the process has ended or not.
> Greetings.
I see that in the code in ProcessInstanceInfo which would let me get the ProcessInstance. But I cannot see any way to find the session from there.

I believe that I need to recreate all the old sessions on restart which is exactly what I need since I can then assert new facts into these sessions which will cause the workflow processes to continue processing (remember, I have a session per process).

I found a mention of this in an old post by Kris (from Aug 22, 2009):

> So whenever the application needs to be restarted, you must restore the
> session (either creating a new one or reloading it using the unique
> session id).  Execution will then continue as before.  For example, if a
> user then completes a task that was requested by a specific process
> instance, the engine will automatically know that that user task was
> related to that specific process instance and reload its previous state
> from the database.
>
> So, as long as you make sure that the session is restarted, all process
> instances will continue from the state they were at before without you
> having to do anything.

but I am still not sure how I do this or whether or not I need to persist the unique session IDs when I create them in the first place

thanks.