[jboss-user] [jBPM] - how to assign assignee to a task at run time

Ayusman Dikshit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 12 04:02:16 EST 2011

Ayusman Dikshit [http://community.jboss.org/people/ayusman_dikshit] created the discussion

"how to assign assignee to a task at run time"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587047#587047

All,
I have a scenario where I want to assign users to a task at runtime.
Meaning.. when the workflow reaches the task at somepoint in time during execution, i want users to be selected and assigned based on a database lookup.

my questions:
1. is assignment-handler in a <task> element the right way to achieve this jbpm 4.4?
2. is there any way this can be achieved?
3. Do I need to have these users and groups listed in the jbpm identity tables?

Please help...

Thanks,
Ayusman