[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JSF Project, 1.2 with facelets, ri appl

Eric J. Van der Velden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 13 13:34:23 EST 2011

Eric J. Van der Velden [http://community.jboss.org/people/ericjvandervelden] created the discussion

"JSF Project, 1.2 with facelets, ri appl"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587119#587119

Hello,

I do File -> New -> JSF Project, and I choose 'JSF 1.2 with facelets', 'JSFKickstartWithRILibs' template. This should work as it is. When I do Run As->Run on Server (Tomcat 6), I see

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving interface method "javax.servlet.jsp.JspApplicationContext.addELResolver(Ljavax/el/ELResolver;)V" the class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader) of the current class, com/sun/faces/config/ConfigureListener, and the class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader) for resolved class, javax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext, have different Class objects for the type javax/el/ELResolver used in the signature
    at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.registerELResolverAndListenerWithJsp(ConfigureListener.java:397)

Thanks,

Eric J.