[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: JBoss AS6: get rid off HornetQ and reuse JBossMQ

Thomas Nagel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 14 03:56:47 EST 2011

Thomas Nagel [http://community.jboss.org/people/ktnagel] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss AS6: get rid off HornetQ and reuse JBossMQ"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587176#587176

Hello,
thanks for your answer...
JBossMQ or JBoss Messaging - thats a good question. These names have been used interchangeably in the documentation, at least for a mere user of the system.

Well, technically there is surely a way to use HornetQ with MDBs, but the docu is so non-existent that upto now we don't know how to do that. The two documents that were supplied couldn't help us to get a working configuration. So we can't use it (wether it works or not) and so we thought of downgrading to the predecessor.

We use the message beans internally and SQL-based, and there is no hint as to how to configure such a situation. Maybe HornetQ wasn't designed for such "trivial" messages.

Regards from germany,
Thomas Nagel