[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: Cancelling an @Asynchronous method with Future.cancel

david_b do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 15 18:57:06 EST 2011

david_b [http://community.jboss.org/people/david_b] created the discussion

"Re: Cancelling an @Asynchronous method with Future.cancel"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587601#587601

If anyone else encounters this problem, I've found a way around it using JMS.

My session bean creates a temporary queue, then sends an "acknowledge" type message to the caller via JMS with the replyTo address set to the temporary queue. The caller can send a "cancel" message to the temporary queue, which the bean checks periodically during processing.

It's much more complex but it works on AS 6.0.0. When cancelling an asynchronous call is supported I will switch to the simpler option.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]