[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Queue stops working under load without error

Michal Glowacki do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 16 02:49:15 EST 2011

Michal Glowacki [http://community.jboss.org/people/mglowacki] created the discussion

"Queue stops working under load without error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587645#587645

hi,

     I created queue to put incoming requests into LinkedList, so I can process them one by one. It works perfect, until for example 10 requests come exactly same time. Then my queue just freezes. Any new request is not processed, I can't see any errors in the logs. I have to redeploy my MDB jar file in order to get it working again. However all messages are lost. I checked via JMX console state of the queue when it's broken, everything looks fine, DLQ is empty. Do you know where I could look for an error?

here's jms-destination-service.xml

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService"
        name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=ProcessingQueue"
     xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
 <attribute name="RedeliveryDelay">3000</attribute> <!-- those 2 I added later, but also did not help -->
 <attribute name="MaxDeliveryAttempts">3</attribute>
 <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
 <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
</mbean>

and beginning of my MDB class:

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {
  @ActivationConfigProperty(
  propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
  @ActivationConfigProperty(
  propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "/queue/ProcessingQueue"),
  @ActivationConfigProperty(
  propertyName = "acknowledgeMode", propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge")
})
@org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.Depends("org.hornetq:module=JMS,name=\"ProcessingQueue\",type=Queue")

Thanks,
Michal

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]