[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - cant hit jboss pages externally

george hoffman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 17 21:27:35 EST 2011

george hoffman [http://community.jboss.org/people/hoffm263] created the discussion

"cant hit jboss pages externally"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588204#588204

I have jboss 6.0 running a web application I am developing. I am able to hit the pages using localhost:8080 but not my external IP address from another computer (I found my ip address using  http://www.whatismyip.com/ http://www.whatismyip.com/). I have port forwarding correctly set up to port 8080 and port 80 on my router. I have tested with apache tomcat 7.0 and quickweb webserver and I am able to deploy pages to those servers and hit them from another computer with my external IP address in a matter of minutes with no additional setup.

I was under the impression that jboss 6.0 has a built in tomcat web server. Not sure if there is some configuration I need to do to make my site visible externally. I dont have registered domain name yet but I should be able to hit with my IP addy.

Ive come here after a few frustrating hours of searching google web so please no "search google" answers or I might cry.

If there is no built in web server what server / configuration is recommended? I need something free and fast to configure for a low traffic site with a j2ee jboss backend.